There are a few different ways to get to the Brassroots Festival!
- Map Link: https://goo.gl/maps/G2oM3z4iRrE2
- From NYC, take the NYS Thruway to Exit 19.
- At the traffic circle take the third exit to 587-N.
- Turn left onto Albany Avenue, and continue onto Ulster Avenue.
- Make a left on Esopus Avenue, and keep left to stay on Esopus Avenue.
- Seed Song Farm will be on your right.
- Parking is on the right, you will see a sign to make the turn and someone will direct you to a spot.
There will be a large lot on the right before the greenhouse as you approach Seed Song Farm and a sign that says “Parking”. Please turn at the sign and someone will direct you to a spot.
FESTIVAL PARKING IS LIMITED. Please carpool with as many people as possible!
There are a few different options:
- Ulster County UCAT "K" bus: 3-minute brisk walk from the Chambers stop: schedule.
- City of Kingston "B" Bus: $1 from anywhere in Kingston; 12-minute brisk walk from the Business Resource Center on Ulster Ave: schedule.
- Frequent Metro North Train to Poughkeepsie, then UCAT bus to Kingston: NYC & stops to Poughkeepsie: schedule.Poughkeepsie to Kingston UCAT bus: schedule.
- Hourly Trailways bus from NYC (Port Authority; 2 hrs; $45 round trip) and New Paltz to Kingston ($5): schedule.
What to Bring
Blanket for ground seating
Tarp in case ground is wet
An umbrella and/or hat for shade
Mardis gras themed costumes including large umbrellas!
Refillable water bottles
Personal Identification & medical documentation, in case of an emergency
Cash (not all vendors accept card and there are no ATMs on the festival grounds)
Biodegradable plastic bags for trash, compost, and recyclable materials
Camera, without flash or removable lens
If you must smoke, please bring an ashtray and dispose of your butts. Thank you!
Available at the Festival
Farm fresh food & beverages!
Wood oven pizza cooked by Creek
Parking (handicapped acccessible available)
Festival and performer merchandise
What NOT to Bring
No weapons of any kind
No illegal substances
No vending will be allowed
Please avoid bringing unnecessary items that become pesky waste (sequins, silly string, confetti, balloons, packing peanuts, etc.).
Because this is a working farm, no dogs! Service animals, trained to assist an individual with a disability, are allowed.
Please respect festival grounds and pack it in, pack it out!
We will have some trash and recycling receptacles on site, but it would be SUPER helpful to all of us if you take your personal trash home with you and dispose of it there.